Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Do you enjoy building intuitive, beautiful user interfaces that create best in class mobile app experiences for users? If so, come join us as we build from the ground up taking delivery to the skies!
Wing is looking for an iOS Engineer to join our core app development team based in Palo Alto, CA. As an iOS Engineer you will develop and refine our mobile app experiences that enable our on-demand drone delivery service to people everywhere.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement new product features for our customer facing iOS mobile apps. Test, maintain and support your awesome code
- Transform UX designs into delightful experiences that make it safe and efficient for people to interact with Wing
- Build with APIs for ordering, payments, location tracking and more
- Collaborate with cross functional team (UX, Backend, Android, Web, Product Management) to realize Wing’s vision
- Improve engineering standards, tools and process
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of professional experience with iOS development
- Track record of shipping iOS apps on the Apple App Store
- Ability to work across the full range of product development: ideation to launch to scale
- Familiarity with web technologies and languages (HTTP, REST, HTML, CSS)
- Experience working with Google APIs
- Interest in aviation and revolutionary emerging technologies
- Experience implementing buttery smooth motion designs
- Knowledge of C++ is a plus