iOS Engineer II- Curbside Fulfillment at H-E-B (San Antonio, TX)
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 420+ stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 145,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Description - Internal
Since H-E-B Digital Technology's inception, we've been investing heavily in our customers' digital experience, reinventing how they find inspiration from food, how they make food decisions, and how they ultimately get food into their homes. This is an exciting time to join H-E-B Digital--we're using the best available technologies to deliver modern, engaging, reliable, and scalable experiences to meet the needs of our growing audience. If you enjoy taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, we want you as part of our team.
The Find and Serve Tool (FAST) Team is a SUPER high-visibility team, the heart of H-E-B's curbside business. Our mission is to create and maintain world-class experiences that equip our Store partners with the necessary tools , to fulfill Customers' orders efficiently . As a Software Engineer in FAST, you will help us achieve the goals of our curbside business to serve our growing customers.
Our Partners thrive The H-E-B Way. In the Software Engineer II job, that means you have a...
HEART FOR PEOPLE... you're willing to provide support to junior developers
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... you have the skills to effectively deliver code solutions / features
PASSION FOR RESULTS... you can produce quality results with little direct supervision
What you'll do (Design , Development and Maintenance )
- Operate independently with assistance from more experienced developers as needed ;
- Participate in the full SDLC; including development, estimation, planning, and design ;
- Deliver moderately complex code solutions ;
- Build world-class native mobile applications for thousands of users using a variety of tools, such as Xcode , Swift, XCUITest , Firebase, Charles, Postman, Zeplin , and more ;
- Contribute to overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications ;
- Mentor and provide support to junior developers ;
- Support and implement improvements around the build and deployment pipeline s ;
- Support technical design and delivery of complex features across multiple systems as H-E-B improves the user experience ;
- Help create documentation and training related to technology stacks and standards within assigned team ;
- Use / contribute to the refinement of Digital Engineering-related tools, standards, and training ;
- Engage / collaborate with external technical teams to ensure timely, high-quality solutions ;
- Engage with shared services teams and vendors when necessary ;
- Provide end-to-end support to applications ;
- Be part of a Level 3 rotation, assist in diagnosing / solving production support issues ;
Who You Are
- You have an ownership mentality and can produce quality results with little direct supervision
- You enjoy learning new technologies as they emerge
- You have a strong understanding of coding standards and design principles / patterns
- You have some experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- You have some experience in / understand Lean Startup or Agile development methodologies
- You have a related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in iOS development and have gone through the full lifecycle of releasing applications on the App Store or any internal release tooling like Airwatch .
- You have experience in Swift development, and knowledge of both UIKit and SwiftUI
- You have experience writing unit tests and testable code
- You're familiar with build and release procedures and tools (e.g., xcodebuild , gitlab CI/CD, certificates and provisioning profiles, App Store Connect)
- You're familiar with analyzing memory and performance issues using profiling tools
W ho We Are
- H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation, operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $26 billion
- We hire talented people (116,000+ Partners), and give them autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business
- We're a Partner-driven company with a Bold Promise - Because People Matter
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values, and support them with thriving company-wide programs
- We're a truly original Texas-based company that created the Spirit of Giving to help Texas communities every day
- Once eligible, our Partners become Owners in the company. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company