iOS Engineer - Driver Pricing at Uber
We are building exciting features to help drivers better understand their market, maximize earnings, and get the most out of their time on the road. Some examples include real time demand heat maps, positioning suggestions, and incentives.
What You'll Do
- Work with Product, UX and Design to growth and customer experience metrics
- Write quality code and documentation which can be used as the example for your company
- Mentor other engineers and continue building a strong culture of quality
- Collaborate with multiple product, data and engineering teams, as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform
- Help build consensus by being open to variety of view points and aid in bridging a gap in case of a disagreement
- New feature development, Bug fixing, Performance testing and Cross-team collaboration
- Handle rapid change and experimentation in a balanced way and support metrics for analytics, marketing, growth and security
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Exceptional candidates are expected to have experience working multi-functionally with product managers, designers, and other engineers, building products from initial conception to testing and rollout.
- Candidates are expected to be highly proficient in iOS development, application design philosophies (MVC, MVVM, etc.), source code management (git), clean API design.
5+ years of relevant work or educational experience in client-side software development using Swift/Objective C
- Strong expertise in Swift, Objective-C and iOS SDK
- Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile code
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience efficiently collaborating on projects
- Familiarity with principles of good user experience
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to craft products that are accessible to users with disabilities
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.