Invisibly - Lead Mobile Engineer - Direct Hire [Remote] at Braintrust
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- SALARY: $125,000 – $175,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week
This is a Direct Hire position. Must be based in the US.
About the job
Our client's mission is to democratize access to content with the value of peoples' data.
As the Lead Software Engineering for Mobile team you will play a pivotal part in creating this global transformation. You will be providing technical guidance and lead the development of the mobile engineering team and work alongside with product team in revolutionary product called 'Personal Data Platform' and help deliver a high quality product. The PDP empowers individuals to monetize their data in order to get though paywalls with no credit card or ads.
- Partner closely with product management and design, envisioning the direction of the product and future releases.
- Act as a technical lead to the app engineering team members and provide technical leadership, guidance, and assistance in implementation of architectures and designs.
- Use a combination of data and instinct to make decisions and move rapidly.
- Own progress of the product through the development life cycle, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Assess feasibility and effort to achieve objectives and plan release timelines.
- Advocate for the engineering team's ideas and needs while also representing the group externally in the broader engineering organization.
- Experience with testing automation to streamline releases and improve test velocity
- Understand A/B testing methodology and how to architect projects to grow via experimentation.
- Own up the critical development tasks and implement those based on the product requirements as hands-on senior software engineer.
- Expert in React native development supporting new features and existing critical development tasks, including instrumenting analytics instrumentation, new push notifications, and more.
- Perform code reviews and check-ins using Git.
- Experience with mobile Apple technologies including In-app purchase; certificates and provisioning profiles; Handoff between devices; App shortcuts, etc.
- Own the end2end deployment process for mobile applications along with deployment on App store and Google play store.
- 8 -10 year of overall mobile development experience and 2-3 years of experience as a tech lead for mobile engineering team.
- Experience working with local and offshore engineering teams.
- Expert in React native development supporting new features and existing critical development tasks for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Possess an understanding of multi-tier application development; including knowledge of server-side technologies and databases.
- Understanding of mobile application optimizations such performance and memory optimizations, debugging memory leaks and caching.
- Should be well versed with web services, REST, JSON.
- Knowledge in, and up to date with, integrating the latest internal and external frameworks from 3rd parties such as Google, Facebook, etc.
- Experience in building SDKs for mobile and also integrating 3rd party mobile SDKs as needed.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning is plus.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Experience in publishing apps to Apple, Google app store and enterprise app stores.
- Experience with Agile development including daily scrum, jira and weekly iteration reviews and planning.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.