Inventory Control & Quality Assurance Lead at Hungryroot (Indianapolis, IN)
Who We Are
Hungryroot is the all-in-one recipe and grocery service. We're here to help people feel their best and make grocery shopping, cooking, and enjoying healthy food easier than ever. So, we're creating the first-of-its-kind food experience that puts people (and the planet) first, built for busy lives and individual needs.
This position is based on-site at our Indianapolis fulfillment center.What You’ll Do
Hungryroot is looking for a Pick Lead to join our growing fulfillment team based in Indianapolis. As an Inventory Control and Quality Assurance (ICQA) Lead, this person will support the fulfillment team by performing cycle counts, verifying product quality, assisting in product rotation (FIFO), and evaluating or discarding short dated or expired products. ICQA Lead will assist in researching and investigation inventory and quality related issues. This person will work with inbound and outbound associates, Pick and Pack leads and inbound and outbound supervisors.How You’ll Make an Impact
- Adheres to health & safety policies, GMP’s, and quality standards
- Perform cycle counts to validate and correct inventory
- Resolves inventory issues and discrepancies using data, WMS research, and/or review of receiving paperwork
- Performs quality checks of fresh produce and vegetables
- Interprets inventory reports to identify short dated items and updates team as applicable
- Looks up product locations using a handheld RF device
- Scans barcodes at bins, shelves, or warehouse rack locations if applicable
- Maintains a clean safe work area
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Be able to work in temperatures of 34 -38 degrees for entirety of shift
- Be able to work in Freezer as needed, 0 degrees
- Previous warehouse receiving experience preferred
- Ability to meet established standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis
- RF gun or other handheld device experience
- Basic computer and data entry skills and experience navigating a WMS and spreadsheets
- Ability to accurately perform cycle counting activities including researching locations, quantities, and reconciliation
- Ability to identify and resolve quality issues for food items, especially fresh food
- Standing continually for an 8-hour shift·
- Potential for overtime; may stand for longer than 8-hour shift
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive manual dexterity
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.