The Internal Tools Engineer at KnowBe4 is responsible for designing, maintaining, documenting, and troubleshooting custom developed solutions for internal use. The ideal candidate will learn and understand the standard KnowBe4 systems and will help develop addons, enhancements and integrations between these systems.
- Build, maintain and improve internal toolsets and applications
- Assist in defining, developing and improving platform services and integration
- Assist with finding deficiencies in current systems and toolsets and develop custom tools to resolve the deficiencies
- Identify new technologies, tools and applications to improve company processes, workflows and procedures
- Work with SREs and Data Engineers to collaborate on solutions that satisfy business and company objectives and meet the needs of stakeholders
- Build and maintain applications and middleware as well as do continual improvements on performance
- Employ industry best practices in architecture, design and distribution for customized applications and tools
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent work-related experience with a minimum of 5 years hand-on technical experience in a similar capacity
- 3+ years experience in software development
- 2+ years experience in tools and custom application development
- 2+ years experience in API development
- Experience with infrastructure in a cloud environment and development tools
- Development/containerization experience with common languages such as Python, Java, and Go.
- Experience working with complex systems in AWS preferred
- AWS certifications a plus
- ITIL certification a plus
- Any programming certification a plus
- Basic understanding of modern web application architecture, such as HTTP(S) and TCP/UDP
- Excellent command of at least one programming or scripting languages such as bash, PowerShell, C#, Java, Python, or C++
- Ability to quickly grasp new programming or scripting languages (such as Go, Python, and Ruby) and technologies
- An eagerness to work with the latest technologies and expand your skill set
- Able to source code quickly and efficiently with zero downtime
- Creativity, self motivated and acute attention to detail
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.