Internal Tool Engineer at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:56 p.m. (CST) on Monday, April 11, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
Verkada’s is looking for a talented Software Engineer who will be responsible for building systems that make the Marketing Team more productive and enable the organization to scale. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Operations, you will play a vital role in creating world-class Marketing Operations capabilities that will drive the next growth phase at Verkada.
Successful Internal Tools Engineers at Verkada are strategic problem solvers who think critically from first principles, design simple and effective solutions, are data-fluent and have a bias for action. They are force multipliers that drive the business forward through innovative solutions that scale.
- Design, build and maintain custom software tools for Marketing Use Cases.
- Assist with maintenance of Marketing Operations technical stack (Marketo, Zoom, Ad Platforms, Integrations, Alert Systems, etc).
- Optimize marketing alert system to increase efficiency.
- Collaborate with other business system teams to design a build infrastructure.
- Write design documents for scalable software solutions.
- 2+ years of engineering experience.
- Experience working in a mid to large size business preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, databases (operating principles, schema design, and SQL), and security.
- Analytical mindset, capable of understanding advanced abstract concepts and concrete systems/data.
- Understanding of the tradeoffs between short-term and long-term goals and balancing immediate needs with strategic initiatives.
- Advanced expertise with Python.
- Experience building internal tools at growing startups preferred, but not required.
- Familiar with common enterprise GTM business platforms (Salesforce, Marketo, Looker) preferred, but not required.
- Experience with AWS and GCP preferred, but not required.
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description