Integrations Engineer at GitLab
The Integrations Engineering job family is responsible for ownership and delivery of the core services and APIs that serve as an enterprise data backbone, using an array of different platforms, APIs, databases, protocols and data formats to ensure that the data and the business processes that intersect in the Enterprise Applications Ecosystem are as efficient and high fidelity as possible. Integrations Engineering works to align Gitlab's Enterprise Architecture by building and maintaining key integrations that connect the GitLab Enterprise Application Ecosystem, from the GitLab product ecosytem to cloud systems.
The Integrations Engineer develops core services and APIs that serve as an enterprise data backbone, identifying elegant solutions to complex workflows.Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain integration flows using an array of different platforms, APIs, databases, protocols and data formats
- Collaborate and review code with other developers in engineering and sales operations to ensure each integration maintains a consistent level of technical standards as set by the team
- Work directly with Business Systems Analysts to ensure that the data and the business processes that intersect in the Enterprise Applications ecosystem are as efficient and high fidelity as possible.
- Document technical details clearly to various stakeholders of different technical levels (VP of IT, Sales Operations, Software Engineer)
- Develop integrations that are designed and implemented as reusable building blocks as appropriate to allow for more efficient integrations of a similar type
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of application integration experience
- Write well structured, quality code that’s easily maintainable by others.
- Write code that interacts with various HTTP-based API’s, primarily REST-based.
- Understand basics of SQL and relational databases.
- Proactive doer and communicator.
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Interest in GitLab and open source software
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values
- Aptitude to thrive in a fully remote organization
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Hiring Process
To view the full job description and hiring process, please view our handbook. Additional details about our process can also be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.