Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams - People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more - provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Integration Engineer should have the skills to work with stakeholders to translate functional and non-functional requirements into integration interfaces and implementations. The Integration Engineer will be responsible for developing solutions for fit and scalability, while ensuring that they conform to long-term strategic priorities.
- Evolve and shape the strategy, architecture, platform and standards for the Integration team.
- Specify and publish standards around APIs.
- Provide technology architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for the integration domain.
- Lead & mentor integration team through complex, multi-phased delivery projects and provide hands-on delivery guidance
- Conducts benchmarking and sizing exercises.
- Takes ownership of integration architecture to solve business problems and generate maximum value for stakeholders.
- Transform business requirements into scalable/manageable solution architecture and design specifications
- Partner with other functions across IT & business to ensure collaboration, consistency and quality of solutions
- Design reusable assets, components, standards, frameworks, and processes to support and facilitate API and integration projects
- Ensure self and development team adheres to documented design and development patterns and standards
- Provide mentoring on advanced development concepts and technical capabilities to developers.
- Provide continuous improvement and exploration of industry standards and technology advances.
- 7+ years of experience in the enterprise application domain.
- 5+ years Integration experience in transforming complex strategic business requirements into workable technology solutions.
- Experience with enterprise integration patterns
- Experience with data modeling a plus
- Deep knowledge of with microservices architecture and API strategy development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the entire API development lifecycle from design & build to governance & management
- Must have experience with common relational database technologies such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- Must have experience integrating with Saas solutions like Salesforce.com, Oracle Cloud ERP and Workday.
- Experience with common web connectivity and integration standards/protocols such as XML, SOAP, REST, JSON and JDBC.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD concepts, and build pipelines using Jenkins and Maven.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location's zone designation, please refer to this resource . If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.