Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we're on a mission to transform receivables and deliver on the most mission critical payments across education, healthcare, travel and B2B. We've got a leading technology platform and a global payments networked that is unrivaled. What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who We Are:
Flywire was founded in 2011 by a former international student, who experienced firsthand all the challenges of paying for college from another country-and made it his mission to solve them.
Today, Flywire has applied our next-gen payments platform combined with our proprietary global payments network and vertical software to expand and digitize the payment experience for over 2,250 education, healthcare, travel & B2B clients world-wide, processing more than $7B annually and covering more than 240 countries and territories globally. And, we're just getting started!
With over 500 global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 12 offices world-wide, we're looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We, at Flywire, are looking for an experienced Integration Developer, ideally with a background in fintech. Your primary responsibility will be to build and maintain the middleware platform that integrates with Flywire products and institution student information systems. You will be joining a team in charge of designing new integration functionality and improving the current integration capabilities to improve implementation speed, cost, and scalability of our product. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, pragmatic design, and building quality products is essential.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the integration
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Work collaboratively with teams across the globe
- Help your fellow developers to continue growing their skills
Here's What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years' experience in Java (required)
- Expertise in object-oriented programming
- Expertise in web services, REST architecture
- Experience in designing, developing and supporting scalable, performant and reliable web applications and distributed systems
- Experience doing testing by applying techniques such TDD or BDD
- Experience working with middleware technologies
- Familiarity with continuous delivery & microservices
- Experience in fintech or the payment industry will be appreciated
- Experience with school's ERP (Workday, PeopleSoft, etc) a big plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Flying Start - Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates Be a meaningful part in our success - every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in
- WFH Stipend & Digital Disconnect Days
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight - for new or aspiring managers!)
Our Hiring Process:
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect 4-5 rounds of interviews with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a homework assignment (it is not that bad!). Your TA Partner will walk you through the steps and be your "go-to" person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 12 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we're excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.