Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As an Infrastructure Solutions Architect, you'll play a critical role in helping other Coinbase Engineers design, deploy, and manage their infrastructure across all our development and production environments. You will help hundreds of engineers to follow internal and industry best practices, publish practical guidance and architectures, and provide hands-on solutions to web-scale technical problems. Your day will encompass working with internal teams, creating and publishing proof-of-concept architectures and examples, learning new systems, and aligning team requirements with tools.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Problem solving and unblocking teams using our internal tools
- Communicating best practices through writing and coding
- Meeting with cross-functional teams to discover requests
- Creating and managing technical training materials
- Assisting highly visible incident resolution
- Creating company-wide infrastructure architecture defaults
- Working with product managers to define requested internal tools
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- You have at least 5 years of combined experience in backend software or infrastructure
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts clearly and simply
- Proven ability to understand customer requirements and identify appropriate solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills working with Engineers from junior to principal levels
- Demonstrated critical thinking under pressure
- Passion for teaching technical skills and creating technical solutions with teams
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with working in rapid growth environments
- Experience in Ruby, Go, and Terraform
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or other cloud environment
- Strong opinions on secure, scalable architecture and technical implementation
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Experience writing company-facing blog posts and training materials
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.