By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Our Dropbox Infrastructure Engineering team is passionate about building awesome products at massive scale. We've developed a set of values that enable us to do this. Specifically, we write phenomenal software and sweat the details, focus on impact, and create an enduring culture. Building elegant products begins with lots of hacking and iteration to explore the problem space. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship reliable code that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release improves millions of lives, and you'll find a high petabyte-to-engineer ratio here. We're bold when it comes to shipping high-leverage projects, even if they're risky or novel.
We care deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our engineering culture. At the heart of Dropbox lies the largest networked filesystem in history. We routinely tackle audacious challenges, often against competitors who have 10-50x our resources. On top of this foundation, we're crafting products that enable people to do amazing things with their stuff across all their devices. We hope you'll join us!
- You will build infrastructure to handle metadata for hundreds of billions of files, hundreds of petabytes of user data, and millions of concurrent connections
- You will scale Dropbox as the data-fabric which connects hundreds of millions of the world's apps, devices, and services
- You will measure and optimize as Dropbox continues to build one of the industry's most advanced analytics platforms to derive meaning from vast amounts of data
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Extensive experience building and owning large-scale, multi-threaded, geographically distributed backend systems
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in C/C++, Java, or Go
- Knowledge of Python a plus
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, compiler also a plus
- Familiarity with Linux
- Military veterans strongly encouraged to apply! Leadership, integrity, teamwork, and global perspective are just a few of the skills learned through Military service. At Dropbox, we value the experiences of current and previous members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This role is open to any qualified candidate, however we have identified that the qualifications for this role match many of those who have served in the U.S. military. If you are a veteran please be sure to mark your veteran status at the bottom of the application. You can read more about our commitment to hiring veterans at dropbox.com/jobs/Veterans.