Infrastructure Operations Engineer, Brokermint at Boomtown! (Charleston, SC)
| Charleston, SC
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:13 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 6, 2022
What is BoomTown?
We are 350+ doers, makers, and trailblazers on a mission to make real estate agents successful. The software and solutions we build, and the services we provide, help top agents and brokerages (95,000 clients and counting!) generate leads, manage their marketing, close more deals, and run a better business. Our platform includes customizable websites, success management, a cutting-edge CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system with marketing automation, personalized advertising and lead generation services, and a mobile app. We go much further than technology too. Dedicated teams offer lead qualification services and digital marketing, and our client success teams provide personalized support at every step: onboarding, training, coaching, and planning for strategic growth.
Boomers are a special breed, and we are built on a set of values that are at the core of everything we do. One of these is to Create Amazing Experiences, and that doesn’t just apply to our product. We’re dedicated to driving connections and improved quality of life for our employees, our clients and our communities. Our leadership team is on a crusade to foster flexibility, innovation, and ample opportunity for growth.
We offer so many ways to connect with other Boomers through shared interests and community outreach, and a wide range of benefits including a 401(k) retirement plan, comprehensive healthcare, discretionary PTO, and a quarterly wellness reimbursement towards health and fitness to help keep you energized and inspired. Oh, and if you're local to Charleston, did we mention our Corporate HQ is also dog friendly!? If this sounds like the type of culture you’re looking for, we’d love to speak with you!
BoomTown is looking for an Infrastructure Operations Engineer with a passion for cloud computing, advanced system administration through automation, and maintaining highly available infrastructure to support the BoomTown platform.
In this role, you will work closely with our infrastructure software engineers and application development teams to ensure our platform is available and performant for our customers. As a member of the critical Technical Operations team, you will apply industry best practices to automate the provisioning, patching, and monitoring of all production systems. This is a great opportunity to make an impact on the further success of BoomTown.
We are looking for an individual who is comfortable participating on an on-call rotation about once every three months lasting one week per rotation.
*This position has the opportunity for remote work (or in-office in our Charleston HQ if preferred), however, you must reside in one of the following states to be considered: AL, FL, GA, KY, MN, NC, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI
- Handle systems administration of Linux and Windows servers in hybrid data center environments with AWS and VMWare(RackSpace)
- Develop and maintain automation, where possible, to eliminate manual processes to ensure maximum operational uptime utilizing Terraform, Ansible, and Cloudformation
- Provision, configure, and maintain Cloud (Amazon VPC) and VMWare virtual networks
- Install, maintain, and ensure the reliability and security of system software, OS patch management, third party products, and server hardware infrastructure components
- Write tools and scripts to provide automation and self-service solutions for other teams utilizing tools such as Python and Powershell
- Assist in designing, provisioning, and maintaining solutions for monitoring, orchestration, and provisioning utilizing tools such as New Relic, Terraform, Cloudformation and Ansible
- Analyze and resolve problems associated with key infrastructure components including servers, databases, CI tools, applications, and software
- Partner with engineering teams to provide operational expertise
- Maintain highly performant, stable, and scalable environments
- 3+ years minimum systems administration experience Windows 2012/2019/Linux and networking fundamentals. Linux primarily RHEL, Ubuntu and Amazon Linux 2
- Production experience in a highly available environment with orchestration/configuration management tools like Terraform/Ansible & Python/Powershell scripting
- Production experience with one or more hypervisor products (VMware ESX, Xen, HyperV, etc.)
- Knowledge of Windows Server components (Active Directory, DNS, etc.)
- Experience running production workloads in a major cloud platform (AWS, GCE, Azure)
30 Day Targets:
- Familiarize yourself with the existing AWS/Rackspace application and network infrastructure
- Assess uptime/health metrics and set improvement targets if needed
- Familiarize yourself with current Server 2019 migration process to understand scope and current progress, identify current bottlenecks and areas for improvement
60 Day Targets:
- Attend BoomTown technical onboarding sessions
- Familiarize yourself with Incident Alerting Systems (New Relic, Datadog, VictorOps) to understand incident management response process
- Begin on-call rotation shadowing
- Work with Ops team to build plan for Server 2019 migration for all existing Server 2012 environments
90 Day Targets:
- Begin working with infrastructure automation tools Terraform/Ansible to orchestrate highly scalable/available infrastructure
- Work with a development team to understand their needs and leverage your expertise to collaborate on solutions
- Attend development team standups
- Meet established uptime/health metrics
- Begin implementing Server 2019 rollout to non-critical hosts ahead of full Server 2019 migration
BoomTown is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More Information on Boomtown!
Boomtown! operates in the Real Estate industry. The company is located in Tiburon, CA. Boomtown! was founded in 2006. It has 338 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all jobs at Boomtown!, click here.
Read Full Job Description