Infrastructure Engineer at Protenus (Remote)
Is it possible for you to openly access your company’s financial data, or HR records? No, of course not. Did you know, however, that in hospitals across the country, any doctor, any nurse, or any person from any department with computer access can easily review your healthcare information? I know what you're thinking, and you're correct. Yes, that is a privacy violation; and there were 40 million of these breaches in 2020 alone. Crazy, right? This is the problem smart engineers (like you!) can solve.
The Protenus Healthcare Compliance Analytics platform is powered by artificial intelligence (AI) that ingests robust, unique data feeds to provide visibility into potential patterns of suspicious behavior that may otherwise go unnoticed. Our AI and advanced analytics empowers subject matter experts to mitigate and ultimately reduce organizational risk — whether it's an employee improperly accessing patient records, or a clinician diverting medications — in an efficient, accurate and scalable manner.If the opportunity to thwart these bad actors doesn’t excite you, maybe the opportunity to serve on a team filled with other engineers who do different work than you, and together, you will collaborate and influence the end result of this cutting edge technology, will do the trick.
As we continue to grow and scale, making sure our technology services and infrastructure is operating at peak performance is no easy feat. We are looking to welcome a new Infrastructure Engineer onto our team to help us do this important work and develop/maintain our cloud-based infrastructure. This role will be responsible for deploying, configuration, managing and monitoring cloud-based resources.
If you care just as much about how the work gets done as you do about the work itself. Check out our techstack and baseline qualifications below and get in touch with us.
- Work as part of a team of engineers that provides day to day technical support/ AWS operational guidance to internal teams and customers.
- Provide on call support to monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose and fix production software issues based on tickets and alerts.
- Experience with development operation practices including infrastructure as code, continuous integration and deployment.
- Support DevOps functions to best utilize cloud resources with software configuration management and continuous integration tools.
- Programming skills and technical knowledge to recover data and fix systems in case of issues.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills so they can deep dive into logs to identify issues and use problem solving skills to resolve them.
- Improve support experience by developing best practices/playbooks/ documentation based on learnings and technical implementations.
- 4+ years of design, implementation experience in applications or infrastructures
- Experience in AWS Infrastructure design and security framework
- Proficient in Python
- Proficient with Docker, Git, and Terraform
- Strong communicator individually and in groups
- Solid Linux OS skills including scripting
- Front-end: React 16+, MobX, SASS, CSS
- Back-end: Java (Spring Boot), Scala, Python
- Database: MongoDB
- Testing: Jest, Enzyme, JUnit
- Version Control: Git
- Build/Deployment: Docker, Jenkins, Terraform
- Cloud: AWS
- Tools: Atlassian (Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence), Slack
Our HQ is located in the Fells Point area of Baltimore, MD. We love our office and hope you will too, but we won't require you to work from there. We made the decision to be a "virtual first" organization in early 2021. Even after COVID is a thing of the past, we will remain virtual first. If you live in the area and would like to come in, great! If you are in town to meet with your team, even better! We welcome you (and dogs) anytime. We operate with "big person rules" and let you make the decision about what works best for you, your life and your family. Results > Location
Our benefits are stellar too.
- Medical, dental and vision - Premiums are covered at 90% by Protenus for you and your eligible dependents. Eligible on date of hire.
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance - Premiums are covered 100% by Protenus.
- Parental Leave – 12 weeks of job-protected leave at 100% pay
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Match – 4% with immediate vesting
- Work From Home – One-time stipend to outfit your home office to help maximize productivity and comfort
- MacBook Pro laptop for all new team members
- Healthcare FSA
- Annual Professional Development stipend
- Parking Stipend for those who choose to come to HQ on a regular basis
- Lifestyle Spending Account - $50/month to put towards yourself!