How you'll make an impact:
As a member of Strata's Information Technology team, our Infrastructure Engineers complete operational tasks, projects, troubleshoot tickets and solve problems to support our SaaS application. This team, while leveraging Agile methodologies, handles everything needed to run and scale the SaaS platform: hypervisors, storage, backup and recovery systems, OS instances, metric collection, and alerting.
What we're looking for:
- Support the operations and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure and server operating systems using automation such as Terraform.
- Continuously ensure and refine configurations to provide for efficiencies, scalability, high performance, high availability, and disaster recovery for all VMware environments.
- Performs engineering and administrative duties for Veeam Availability Suite by partnering with other internal infrastructure engineers to perform operational support including monitoring daily backup activities, troubleshooting any failures, and deploying the solution to new systems.
- Data center options tasks such as installation of new hardware, ongoing support and hardware maintenance, assistance with capacity planning, etc.
- Manage system capacity change requests and validation before extending additional resources.
- Write or extend tools and scripts to automate maintenance and deployment of machines, services, applications.
- Deploy and configure Windows and Linux based servers
- Documentation of hypervisors, networking, storage, and operating systems.
- Provide "on call" and "off hour" resources and support to the SaaS platform as part of a team rotation
Thinking about applying?
- Minimum 4+ years of applied IT experience
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to assist in resolving various systems issues for multiple integrated locations and systems.
- Specifically, this position will require daily utilization and problem-solving skills with respect to the following technologies:
- Windows Server 2012r2/2016/2019
- VMware vSphere/ESXi
- PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Pure Storage Arrays
- Time management and organizational skills are imperative.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with all levels of management and team members.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learned principles.
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups tend to apply to jobs only when they check every box on a job posting. If you're currently reading this and hesitating to click "Apply" for that reason, we encourage you to go for it! A true passion and excitement for making an impact is just as important as work experience.Here @ Strata…
Who we are:We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our culture is driven by our people solving problems together. We embrace learning, collaboration, and continuous career growth. Together, we lift our customers, our products, our company, and our community. We believe that each of our team member's unique perspectives and experiences is what drives innovation and positive change. Our individual differences are what make us a more forward-thinking organization. We foster a culture of inclusion, equity and belonging, regardless of race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Our values:Here at Strata, we are guided by a set of principles called the StrataWay. These values keep us honest and ensure that we are always representing ourselves and our organization as best we can. They are at the core of who we are and how we support one another.
- Serve: We partner with our customers to provide quality solutions that will make their lives easier. We extend service to our community to drive purposeful change.
- Pro: We show up every day as the best version of ourselves. We treat others as we would want to be treated (and then some). We commit to getting better every day in everything that we do, upholding the highest level of integrity even in the face of challenges.
- Rock: Our work makes a meaningful impact, no matter what role we play on the team. We are open and receptive to new ways of doing things, always innovating, and never becoming complacent.
- Grow: We are life-long learners and embrace change that will help us grow professionally and personally. We embrace a culture of feedback and acknowledge that progress is more important than perfection.
Our Impact:Strata Decision Technology provides an innovative set of software and service solutions to help healthcare providers better analyze, plan and perform in support of caring for their community and reducing the cost of care. Our customer base includes over 2,000 hospitals and over 400 healthcare delivery systems. Founded in 1996, our mission is to Help Heal Healthcare™. For more information, please go to www.stratadecision.com.
Read Full Job Description