Infrastructure Engineer - Networking at Horace Mann
Horace Mann is looking for a network engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company’s computer network. Your primary duties include maintenance of current networking equipment and software as well as implementation of new devices. Other tasks include data protection and disaster recovery operations. You will work closely with other network engineers to identify and resolve any potential issues.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless devices. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired. An understanding of VOIP and telephony systems is a plus but not required.
- Establishes and maintains network performance
- Troubleshoot network problems and end user networking issues
- Configuring routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless AP’s to maximize network efficiency and security
- Defines, documents, and enforces system standards.
- Maximizes performance by troubleshooting network problems and outages and scheduling upgrades.
- Schedule networking tasks during maintenance windows
- Analyze and monitor network performance
- Maintain infrastructure, including upgrade, enhancements, patches, and modifications.
- Diagnose and resolve system problems
- Ensure system and network performance, reliability, and quality.
- Test existing network cables and run new as needed
- Network auditing and IP management
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field (preferred) but not required.
- 6+ year work experience in Infrastructure related roles
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice