As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the role:
You'll become a member of a 5 FTE DevSecOps team, and will be expected to contribute and learn across the full cloud engineering stack. You will be (or will become) a "T-shaped" individual with enormous potential to further your career in the burgeoning DevSecOps domain, with the guidance of industry leaders in Security and DevOps, and alongside a mature team of true polyglots and talented microservices developers.
Note: While this role is remote, we are only considering candidates in a +/- 5 range of GMT.
- Code (or script) in at least one modern application development or utility language
- Use Source Code Management and Document Management Systems to organize business function tasks and publish relevant material
- Be a competent Linux user
- Know how to build, run and deploy secure Docker containers
- Be aware of how containers and microservices are configured, and can be secured and orchestrated, in particular using Kubernetes
- Use open source tooling to programmatically test and verify the safety and integrity of bespoke software
- Analyze data sets and produce reports using basic tools (e.g. SQL, POSIX stream processing tools, spreadsheets, ODBC, Python)
- Understand principles around secure Identity Management and Authentication
- Understand the implementation of secure messaging systems in the context of privacy awareness, including GPG and encrypted instant messaging
- Have a good basic comprehension of computer networks, the Internet, and supporting systems such as web servers and proxies
- Understand DNS, SSL/ TLS, and how traffic on IP networks establishes end-to-end security and trust
- Work highly independently, with multiple stakeholders outside of the formal management structure
- Write good quality technical documentation
- Be familiar with risks introduced to organization by third parties, and processes to mitigate these
- Take a risk-based approach to all facets of information security
- Have a "finger on the pulse" of current challenges and exploits in the ecosystem
- Be an active participant in a truly world class global security organization
- A degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent relevant experience alongside a good level of general education
- Optional: relevant and well-regarded certifications in cloud computing such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator), AWS Professional or Specialty levels, Google Professional level
- Optional: advanced security accreditation such as CISSP, OSCP, CASP, Security+
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 213 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description