Infrastructure Architect at Marco Technologies (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:50 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Marco is a one-stop shop for all things business tech. Our employees are “movers and shakers” and our company is always striving to do what’s right. Does this sound like a culture you want to be a part of? We’re hiring a new team member to help take Marco’s technology further – working full-time, Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm.
More about us. We do it all – from copy and print solutions to IT and managed services. We are an organization led by salespeople with 650+ engineers ready to fix any and all issues. We have offices in 12 states and service nationally.
Join our growing team. You won’t regret it.
As an Infrastructure Architect, you will primarily support Marco’s service teams. You will establish and maintain security standards and baselines, which includes understanding solution use cases and Marco’s implementation of each solution. This position will evaluate new and existing solutions to ensure Marco is staying up to date with the latest technologies and maximizing the effectiveness of implemented solutions. You will provide escalation guidance within the team and to our service teams.
- Develop, document, maintain, and communicate solution standards and baselines in accordance with vendor and industry best-practices.
- Liaise with teams at Marco to identify root cause of recurring issues and resolve through orchestration, leveraging automation where possible, to improve efficiency, performance, and reliability.
- Collaborate with other groups to identify effectiveness, fit, and functionality of new and existing technologies. Lead the review and testing of new solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise during implementation of new and existing solutions.
- Ensure implemented solutions are meeting expectations and assist with product maintenance and lifecycle management.
- Have and maintain a proficient understanding of Marco’s information systems, managed technology solutions, architecture, and how it is designed to operate daily.
- Participate in and lead our technology practice groups and other committees as assigned to provide expertise to other internal groups.
- Manage competing priorities and set expectations with stakeholders through proactive communication, planning, and potential return on investment.
- Understand and maintain proficiency with NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) and CIS Critical Security Controls (CSC), including updates, organizational impacts, and practical use.
- Accurately maintain and comply with documentation, communication, time entry, and administrative procedures in a timely manner.
- Participate in on-call rotation and after hours work as required.
- Act in accordance with Marco policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Attend required company and departmental meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree in computer or electrical engineering, computer science, cyber or information security or related field
- 10+ years of experience with information security and technology
- OR equivalent combination of the above
- Proven experience with security concepts and technologies
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current vendor or industry recognized certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CCIE, VCAP, MCA or some combination of related certifications.
- Successful completion of an employment background check including criminal and financial history.
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of personal insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- Expertise with five or more of the following: Microsoft server and desktop environments, Microsoft Azure and O365, Patch management, Email architecture, Backup technologies, Vulnerability management, Network architecture
- Proficiency with common scripting and automation languages, such as PowerShell or Python.
- Knowledge of common security frameworks and controls including NIST CSF and CIS CSC.
- Proficient understanding of common technologies and best-practices architectures, such as Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, EDR, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of service management concepts for IT and/or security operations and related standards.
- Proficiency with business collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational and time/task management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform with little or no direct supervision and takes initiative to improves processes.
- Excellent communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relations among all levels of an organization.
- Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
We’re not just competitive when it comes to business tech – we’re also pretty proud of what we offer our employees. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also have paid holidays and vacation, 401k with generous company match, flexible spending accounts, employee purchase program, employer-paid life insurance, voluntary-term life insurance, short and long-term disability, critical illness and accident benefits, and pet insurance. Yes, we care about your furry family too.
*all benefits are dependent on employment status
To apply (and to learn more about what makes us great), visit: www.marconet.com/careers
More Information on Marco Technologies
Marco Technologies operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in St. Cloud, MN, St Louis Park, MN, Appleton, WI, Sioux Falls, SD and Fargo, ND. Marco Technologies was founded in 1973. It has 1086 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 20 open jobs at Marco Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description