Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Security Engineer 3 is a member of the Bright Health Information Security Organization and is involved in building, maintaining, and supporting public cloud security and engineering initiatives. This person will be required to work effectively and seamlessly with our engineering organization’s existing security, engineering, and cloud operations.
- Works closely with engineering & SRE teams to build Azure public cloud security controls based upon policies and standards
- Integrates cloud security solutions with security tools
- Work with various teams to set standard security policies for Identity and Access Management and Endpoint Protection
- Documents & communicates existing and new cloud security standards
- Designs and implements cloud-native application & platform security controls
- Serves as a trusted advisor in evaluating and recommending existing (as well as future) security tools
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of experience in information security, preferably in a medium to large software product company (3+ years if applicant has bachelors degree or higher in a technical field such as computer science)
- Five(5) or more years of experience in information security, preferably in a medium to large software product company is required. Two (2) or more years of experience will be considered if a bachelor’s degree or higher in technical field has been obtained.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with maintaining & utilizing an enterprise vulnerability management system (Tenable, Qualys, etc.)
- Five (5) or more years of experience with maintaining & utilizing logging, monitoring & security analytics solutions such as SIEM solutions, IDS/IPS solutions, Azure Security Center, etc.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python, Bash, Perl, Go etc.
- Familiarity with SSO and IAM technologies (to include OKTA, Azure Active Directory, etc)
- Competency in cloud environments (preferably Azure)
- Basic understanding of enterprise networking concepts
- Strong understanding of encryption systems and algorithms
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.