Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking an Incident Response & Cloud Security Lead to join our Security Engineering Team!
As a member of the Security Engineering Team at Addepar, the Incident Response & Cloud Security Lead has a broad range of responsibilities and security expertise that is used to solve unique problems to produce the most secure platform for our clients. We are looking for an experienced AWS cloud security practitioner who is a self-starter, takes ownership in the projects they engage, and is a believer in collaborative teamwork. This role is responsible for building out Addepar’s Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) and playbooks used in our current CIRT processes, interfacing closely with our MDR provider, and acting as incident commander for all security-related incidents.
The right applicant is able to consult with internal teams as an SME to ensure best security practices in our cloud architecture and configuration. This includes working with our Infrastructure Platform Team to include security practices in their architecture, design, and runbooks as well as individual development teams working on new projects.
What You’ll Do
- Build out the Addepar Security Incident Response Team using a “follow the sun” model.
- Hire, develop and mentor junior DFIR staff through open communication and training.
- Develop DFIR processes, playbooks, and frameworks.
- Work closely with our MDR provider to triage and investigate alerts as well as ensure full visibility of our environment.
- Take part in Addepar’s security on-call rotation, act as incident commander during Security Incidents, and lead regular incident postmortem exercises.
- Lead triage work during major incidents and validate incident occurrences to identify Security-related risks.
- Monitor Addepar’s AWS accounts through tools like Security Hub, Config, GuardDuty, Macie, Inspector, etc. to ensure compliance with our policies and standards. Work closely with account owners to consult on any complex issues that may arise.
- Stay current with and remain knowledgeable about new TTPs.
- Act as a cloud security SME, responsible for consulting on cloud architecture with various Addepar engineering teams on a wide variety of projects.
- Perform cloud security assessments using automated tooling and manual processes.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of security incident response and investigation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Computer Science or Engineering related education preferred.
- Certifications in Incident Response, Forensics, and Cloud Security are a major plus, including:
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GCFE (GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner)
- GCFA (GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst)
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- Other Relevant AWS Certifications
- ITIL Foundation
- Experience with investigating using a wide variety of detective technologies such as SIEM, SOAR, packet capture analysis, host forensics and memory analysis tools.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages, including at least one scripting language.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work cross-functionally with internal and external constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills, along with the ability to deliver to time-sensitive guidelines.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.