CoreWeave is a specialized cloud provider, delivering a massive scale of GPU compute resources on top of the industry’s fastest and most flexible infrastructure. CoreWeave builds cloud solutions for compute intensive use cases — VFX and rendering, machine learning and AI, batch processing, and Pixel Streaming — that are up to 35 times faster and 80% less expensive than the large, generalized public clouds. Learn more at www.coreweave.com.
This position can be fully remote, hybrid, or in-office, with the expectation you are willing to work a non-traditional schedule (e.g., weekend coverage, 6pm - 2am EST, 1am - 9am EST).
About the role:
The High Performance Computing Operations team is responsible for the day-to-day provisioning, management and uptime of CoreWeave’s ever-expanding fleet of server nodes. Playing a central role in CoreWeave’s growth strategy, this team is on the front line for configuration, updates and remote troubleshooting of our highest tier of supercomputing clusters and their networking, delivery platforms and tools dependencies. You will be in a daily battle with the forces of entropy to maximize the number of nodes CoreWeave can deliver to customers.
We are seeking curious, creative and persistent problem solvers to join our HPC Operations team to help us drive batches of server nodes through our provisioning and validation processes while efficiently and effectively troubleshooting node or cluster problems as they arise. This individual will join a team of committed engineers working to deploy nodes as fast as they can be racked and turned on.
- Install, configure, and maintain large-scale high-performance supercomputing clusters running state-of-the-art GPUs
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues; escalate and coordinate as needed with data center, network and platform teams to drive resolution
- Monitor and analyze system performance and take appropriate remediation actions for cloud health
- Approach your work with flexibility and optimism anticipating shifting business and technical priorities
- Create and maintain documentation of team processes, knowledge and best practices for system management
- Think critically about your day-to-day work and work collaboratively to improve team processes and efficiency
Successful candidates typically share the following skills and experience:
- 2 or more years of experience troubleshooting or administering data center or on-prem infrastructure (servers, storage, network or a mix)
- Strong understanding of Linux system administration and networking concepts
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues and perform system maintenance tasks consistently and reliably
Ideal candidates may also have experience in one or more of these:
- Software development or scripting languages (bash, python, powershell, etc)
- Grafana, prometheus, promsql queries or similar observability platforms
- Data center environments including server racks, HVAC systems, fiber trays
- Kubernetes administration
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $65,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $115,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
At CoreWeave, we work hard, have fun, and move fast! We’re in an exciting stage of hyper-growth that you will not want to miss out on. We’re not afraid of a little chaos, and we’re constantly learning. Our team cares deeply about how we build our product and how we work together, which is represented through our core values:
- Be Curious at your Core
- Act like an Owner
- Empower Employees
- Deliver Best In-Class Client Experience
- Achieve More Together
We support and encourage an entrepreneurial outlook and independent thinking. We foster an environment that encourages collaboration and provides the opportunity to develop innovative solutions to complex problems. As we get set for take off, the growth opportunities within the organization are constantly expanding. You will be surrounded by some of the best talent in the industry, who will want to learn from you, too. Come join us!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance - 100% paid for the employee
- Life Insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible, full-service childcare support with Kinside
- 401(k) with a generous employer match
- Flexible PTO
- Catered lunch each day in our offices
- Weekly massages in NJ office
- A casual work environment
- Work culture focused on innovative disruption
California Consumer Privacy Act - California applicants only
CoreWeave is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.