Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Behind every phenomenal human achievement, there is a team. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, our products help teams all over the planet advance humanity through the power of software. Atlassian’s mission is to help fuel the potential of every team!
The Atlassian Security Team's purpose is to build trust. We seek to lead our peers in cloud and product security, meet all customer requirements and exceed requirements for industry security standards and certifications. Do you believe an organization should be open and transparent about its programs, processes, and metrics? We do. This is why we share our journey and encourage other cloud providers to do the same.
We are looking for a leader that can help grow and lead our security team for years to come, while working in concert with the broader Trust Organization and all of Atlassian.
About the Role:
Collaborating with the Chief Trust Officer, the Head of Security will lead a distributed team of over 125 security specialists that provide product security for our cloud and on-premise products, security intelligence products and corporate infrastructure, programs to improve and secure our ecosystem of third-party applications that integrate with Atlassian’s products, and enable our corporate information security.
A Successful candidate will:
- Provide strategic direction, set objectives and structure and resource the organization and the work in a way that improves the impact of the team and provides a paved path to a leadership position among SaaS providers.
- Grow the security Programs and Capabilities to an industry-leading position, finding opportunities to improve our existing approach and helping to guide the team to unlock that potential.
- Build Trust internally, being the voice of Security inside and outside of Atlassian. They will also adopt Atlassian’s commitment to openness, enabling the company to talk openly about our approach to security. Over the next few years, this leader will advance Atlassian’s goal to be a recognized leader in cloud security, and to influence our customers to improve the security in their environment.
- Lead security program planning and implementation - Evaluating, crafting, procuring, and rolling out security technology and programs, and making sure our cloud platform and our corporate infrastructure are crafted to exceed the high expectations set by our partners.
- Guide security engineering - delivering tools, technology and security processes that allow Atlassian to meet all security needs that our customers have for our products and services.
- Lead all aspects of security operations - that protect against immediate threats, and respond when something goes wrong.
- Handle cyber risk management and cyber intelligence - to understand developing security threats in the industry and evaluating the potential impact to our customers and our business.
- Enable governance and partner with our Risk and Compliance team, as well as internal and external auditors and regulators to ensure Atlassian’s security meets a wide range of industry compliance and legal requirements. (SOC2, ISO, FedRAMP, HIPAA, etc.)
What we're looking for:
- At least 10+ years of multifaceted security leadership and management experience in a technology-centric company, including experience leading security teams of 50+ engineers and analysts in a globally distributed organization that services dozens of partners.
- Hands on experience designing and deploying security controls across all security domains such as access management, data protection, vulnerability management, incident response and management, application security, network security, preventive, detective and offensive security solutions.
- Experience securing cloud based infrastructures; AWS, G-suite, Salesforce, etc
- Ability to provide strategic product security mentorship based on experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate information successfully internally and externally and to drive multi-functional alignment and action
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.