Head of QA Engineering at InfiniteWorld (Remote)
InfiniteWorld is looking for a Head of QA Engineering with a focus on software quality assurance in agile teams.
As a Head of QA Engineering, you will work closely with our CTO and set quality standards for the teams in various testing technologies. This may include finding new strategies for automation testing and day to day work processes like agile and scrum. Our close-knit team of innovators and thinkers is what makes all of this possible and we are looking for a candidate that has the same drive to architect the world of tomorrow.
You will lead a team of QA Testing Analysts and Automation Development Analyst professionals who own the development and execution of formal test plans using manual and automated testing processes to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. This position is vital to providing thought and strategic leadership to the QA team and to work within their segment to promote continuous improvement of all tasks and activities performed by the broader testing team. You will play a pivotal role in the delivery of our solutions, including, but not limited to: mobile applications, web applications, blockchain solutions.
As a startup, our team oversees all aspects of development from design, coding, and testing, all the way to continuous integration and deployment. You should have experience in all phases of development and know how to build innovative solutions from ideation to deployment. Lastly, with the right initiative, grit, and confidence, this is an opportunity where you can truly shine.Responsibilities
- Define quality standards for the teams in various testing technologies
- Design, implement and drive the development of decentralized applications such as NFT marketplaces, DeFi, and more
- Lead relationships with the business, internal testing teams, and external vendors; must have the ability to push back when required
- Collaborate with our Product Management team and other engineers (Design, UI, UX, etc.) to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Wholly accountable for overseeing the test planning, writing of test cases and scripts, test case automation and test execution activities of a team of QA Testing Analysts and external vendors with varying levels of experience
- Manage and provide direction and the assignment of individual responsibilities to a group of QA Testing Analysts and Automation Development Analysts
- 7+ years of experience in software QA with at least 2 years in a team lead role
- Experience working in agile development projects
- Experience working with a distributed, agile team using agile development methodologies and tools such as ZenHub, Jira, Trello, etc.
- Experience with Quality Management Software and associated processes and standards
- Strong technical knowledge with a good understanding of software development principles (e.g., object oriented programming), QA Framework/Basic Test Methodology and project lifecycles (e.g., Agile Scrum, SDLC)
- Strong business and technology aptitude with a willingness and drive to learn and understand business and software solutions
- Strong leadership, decision-making and execution focused capabilities
- Experience and demonstrated leadership in managing the efforts of a project’s testing teams and working with project teams, business stakeholders, and vendors
- Ability to effectively communicate and present quality, compliance and risk issues and recommendations to leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a similar discipline
Nice to have
- Experience with web3/blockchain (Ethereum, Hedera Hashgraph, NFT marketplaces, etc.)
At InfiniteWorld, we bring brands and creators into The Metaverse. The combined virtual and physical worlds through our scalable infrastructure and NFTs of true utility.
We leverage the best of blockchain and digital capabilities to create branded experiences like never before. We provide brands the tool box to increase engagement, traceability and authenticity for real world and virtual products, events, and interactive experiences.
Create with us. Join our InfiniteWorld team!
InfiniteWorld does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at InfiniteWorld brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.