Head of Engineering, Product Engineering
At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payment experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a fintech company composed of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, we work best by collaborating. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
About Product Engineering:
The Product Engineering teams work across all of Level’s applications: Members, Employers, Providers, and Internal Operations. Some of our technical challenges include building interfaces for managing real time transactions, providing users transparency of how they spend their benefits real-time, managing and presenting aggregated data to providers and employers and making it easily searchable and understandable, and integrating world class privacy and security features to protect highly sensitive information.
We are the team that creates all of Level’s products from ideation to building applications that scale. You will enable the team to build products that scale up to millions of interactions per day.
What You'll Do:
- Grow and Lead our Product Engineering teams across all of our internal and external products
- Create products and design solutions with a focus on transactions and providing transparency into benefits spend
- Provide direction and technical feedback on architectural decisions, instill engineering best practices, review code and guide engineers, and when necessary be excited to get hands dirty in programming.
- Architect extensible application patterns for managing complex payments, healthcare, and benefits data.
- Drive discussions, and partner with cross-functional teams, to build engaging and high quality products at scale.
- Partner with recruiting to interview, hire, grow the team, and mentor team members.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of programming experience
- 4+ years of experience architecting and building large-scale web applications
- Experience leading a product development team and leading ambitious user-facing projects at scale
- Experience designing large features and products end to end.
- Experience working with highly sensitive information.
- Experience managing teams and mentoring and coaching team members
- A passion for working in high performing teams
- Experience with at least one (React, React Native, Angular, Vue, Swift/Obj-C (iOS), Kotlin/Java (Android))
These are some of the technologies we use today. You don’t need to be familiar with all of these—many people on our team learned them with us. During our interview process, you’re welcome to use any language you’re most comfortable with.
- React / React Native
- Protobuf / gRPC
- Postgres and MySQL
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time you need when you need it!
- Fully Paid Parental leave for 3 months
- Quarterly Company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.