Hi, we’re TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we pride ourselves on helping B2B tech buyers manage the complexity and risk of the buying process. We are a trusted source of information for tech buyers, delivering advice and facilitating connections between our buyers and the world’s leading sellers of business technology.
Established in 2006 out of our founder’s dorm room, we continue to expand our business. In 2021 we acquired TechRepublic, and in 2020, we acquired QuinStreet B2B, both leading resources for IT and business decision makers. These critical acquisitions included global teams of dynamic technology and media professionals to enhance our presences in the US, the UK, Singapore, and Australia. We now have more than 20 digital media brands and over 500 global team members, representing 12 languages.
Listed on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies five times and a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards, we take both our growth and employee engagement seriously. We work hard each day, but we know how to have fun, too, with monthly virtual events, recreational slack channels, and the occasional costumed dance from our CEO.
As the Head of Engineering, you are a leader that is comfortable leading multiple teams of software engineers and web developers as we create the software and websites that power our business. You are a master of both the technology craft and leading people and are as comfortable growing the engineering team as helping to make architecture decisions and define SDLC processes.
In this role, you will help transform our internal facing application used by almost all of our TA team members into a customer facing technology platform that will transform the way we engage with our customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to leave a lasting legacy as we open the doors and show the world the incredible software we have created and continue to create on a daily basis. We utilize Amazon Web Services, a modern CI/CD solution, common technologies include Laravel, Python, and Vuejs, and whatever else we need to deliver incredible results to our business customers. You will report to the VP of Technology.
How You'll Contribute…
- Lead multiple teams across different technology verticals
- Lead from a position of knowledge and experience
- Scale and grow best practices related to QA and security
- Foster a culture of disciplined focus, action, and rapid innovation
- Create and own processes in your areas of responsibility
- Manage multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously
- Ensure your teams maintain a healthy work/life balance
What You Bring…
- At least 5 years of management experience in a technical capacity including experience managing other managers
- At least 7 years of experience in a technology focused capacity
- Experience with multi-tenant web applications
- Ability to immerse yourself in the business and readily connect the dots from business opportunities to technical solutions
- A working mentality that aligns with our TA Core Values of Make Calculated Decisions, Value Each Other, Be Transparent, Challenge Mediocrity, and Crave Knowledge
- Experience with DevOps technologies like Terraform
- Knowledge of Amazon tooling (Redshift, EC2, RDS, etc.)
- Experience integrating with and leveraging Machine Learning at scale
- Project Management experience
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Bachelor's degree in a technology related field
Why You Want Us...
- Remote, hybrid, and in-office work options - your choice!
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off, take time off when you need it!
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Bucket List Benefit: We’ll financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Subscription reimbursement to the Headspace App
- Monthly fitness membership reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Ongoing career development meetings, professional development opportunities, and incentives
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and moreI think we ad
- In-office coffee, snacks, ping pong, beer on Fridays, and catered lunches 4 days/week
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
We believe that our differences make us stronger and foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.