Head of Engineering, All Turtles at Gray Scalable (Remote)
All Turtles is a product studio dedicated to solving meaningful problems for people and companies alike. We invest a combination of cash and services, in the form of deeply collaborative, hands-on work from our world-class team, in order to propel early-stage startups forward and increase the likelihood of shared success.
That shared success is what All Turtles is built upon. We are not an agency or consulting firm. Companies cannot hire us to work for them. We invest cash and services in return for equity, or we provide services in return for a combination of cash and equity, most often for companies that we’ve already invested in. Success for All Turtles is success for our studio companies and this reality permeates all aspects of what we do.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Hiring new team members and mentoring team members for their growth and success.
- Fostering a collaborative team culture and development process.
- Working with product management to plan product releases, and leading the cross-functional team of developers, designers and QA to execute and deliver on projects.
- Balancing team priorities around new features, bug fixes and continuous improvements in quality and performance.
- Working with customer service and other stakeholders to triage bugs and other user-facing issues, and generally acting as a champion for the user in the development process.
- Keeping the team connected to the broader product development organization and the context of company-wide goals.
Ideally, you have:
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of designers, engineers and QA engineers.
- Experience leading a fully distributed team.
- A track record of delivering on ambitious goals on aggressive timelines.
- Worked in a startup environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an aptitude for conveying clear thoughts and ideas.
This is a full-time, permanent position. This role can be based in any location. Since our fully distributed team works across US time zones, applicants with significant US time zone overlap are preferred. We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance to our employees and their dependents, as well as a suite of optional benefits and perks programs including parental leave and flexible PTO.
All Turtles and mmhmm are committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We’re committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.