Head of Crypto Engineering (Server), Cash App at Cash App (Remote)
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We've been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees' creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers .
Cash App is looking for a seasoned Organizational Leader with a deep interest and passion for Bitcoin who has a history of building successful products, organizations, and high performing engineering teams.
You will work alongside senior leaders across all disciplines to expand our existing Bitcoin product line into a portfolio of crypto-based services focused on our mission of empowering individuals across the world.
As the Head of Crypto Engineering, you will be responsible for leading and growing the Engineering organization responsible for all of Cash App's crypto-based products and will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
- Work alongside Design, Mobile, and Product counterparts to build and execute on a roadmap and strategy that establishes Cash App as a leader for consumer-facing crypto services
- Build an outstanding organization by hiring exceptional people and fostering a culture of ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, and urgency
- Lead structure and process changes to ensure teams scale effectively with minimal overhead
- Collaborate with engineering managers, product managers, and stakeholders to align on OKRs and execution milestones
- Champion technical excellence and ensure quality as the number of products grow
- 15+ years of experience working in the tech industry
- Embedded yourself in the Bitcoin & Crypto ecosystems and are a thought leader in the evolution of consumer-facing crypto products
- Led multiple teams and managers within a high-growth organization
- Delivered products used by millions of people
- Familiarity with the unique challenges that accompany financial services used by unbanked and underbanked
- Experience building and maintaining a culture of technical excellence, meritocracy, and accountability across large teams
- Experience leading organizations across multiple time zones and countries
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.