Hardware Sustaining Engineer at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:38 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 17, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a member of our hardware team, you will support the design, development, and manufacturing of Verkada’s full product line. Verkada’s Hardware Sustaining Engineers ensure that we are always shipping high quality products to our customers.
- Review and define quality test standards to minimize design quality issues
- Audit and Evaluate JDM quality systems, define manufacturing quality metrics, monitor production quality, and work with JDM partners to drive continuous improvement
- Support the product from initial mass production through its end of life
- Follow-up on RMA trends and drive corrective action back through manufacturing as necessary
- Report on Quality/RMA to other departments
- Work with the Hardware team through EVT, DVT and pilot production to help ensure a high quality product
- Work with Manufacturing Process and Test team on the data that is collected from tests
- Work with JDM on continuous improvement on yields and process/test stability
- Work with the JDM partners on qualifying new component sources
- BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred
- 1-4 years experience in a hardware manufacturing environment
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description