6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. We’re revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by cloud-based software.
As a Hardware Reliability Engineer you will help support our growing customer sites. An ideal candidate possesses electro-mechanical experience, learns quickly, and can work both independently and across the organization effectively. You will join our Hardware Reliability Team in the Technical Operations Group, which combined with software support, configuration/test and deployment engineering teams make our customers successful. This position has ton of growth potential within the company. This unique role requires a mix of hands-on technical capability, client-facing posture, project management, travel savvy, and six sigma methodologies. You will have an immediate impact on the development of our company and the success of our customers. If you enjoy tinkering, troubleshooting, and want hands-on experience with a new technology in a rapidly growing industry, this role is for you!
- Manage a region of 6RS sites and regularly report out on status and plans for resolution of any hardware related issues in the field
- Remotely support 3rd party technicians or work independently at customer sites to execute hardware maintenance/upgrade/retrofit activities
- Perform root-cause-analysis on hardware failures and drive remediation efforts while communicating and collaborating effectively with design engineering, supply chain and hardware reliability peers
- Provide technical writing and subject-matter expertise for training documentation
- Design, build, and deploy support tools, fixtures, and service kits for field maintenance
- Work closely with design engineering on new product introductions, providing recommendations for improved reliability/serviceability and executing on field support requirements
- Assist in documentation of service histories and reporting of hardware quality trends and the execution of Six Sigma principles
- Assist with multiple automation projects including mobile robots, software, and auxiliary hardware
- Develop and improve the team standard operating procedures
- Make customers raving fans of our product
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial and/or Systems Engineering
- 2+ years of hands-on experience troubleshooting electro-mechanical devices
- Effective communication, able to perform independently in remote environments
- Ability to handle some minimal electrical design (cable harnesses, wiring diagrams, grounding strategies, firmware analysis, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux based systems and command line interfaces
- Familiarity with work management software: Jira, Confluence, Slack, EAM/CMMS
- Process driven and data savvy with the ability to analyze performance, assess trends and translate insights into strategies to continuously improve regional hardware health
- Organized work behavior exuding 5S principles
Position requires significant travel (~30%) to customer sites in the United States and Canada.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are passionate about hiring diverse teams and providing great products for our customers.
Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work, 6RS provides an excellent work environment. At 6RS, you will find the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the stability of a public company.
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.