Hardware Design Engineer at Motional
Motional is actively looking for a Firmware Engineer to join the team. It's an exciting time in the autonomous space and we're looking to expand our engineering teams.
- Work across engineering teams to gather and synthesize component level requirements into firmware/diagnostic implementation specifications.
- Ownership of the strategy, design, and implementation of diagnostic capabilities for various compute and control components within the autonomous vehicle architecture
- Participation in vehicle bringup and testing activities
- Champion continuous improvement efforts to drive down defects and improve quality
- Experience with typical robot sensors
- Understanding of automotive software architecture
- Experience with Autosar DCM and ECM, UDS
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 5-10+ years of experience with SW/HW integration and software development on embedded systems
- C/C++ and Python development experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including requirements gathering, software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Solid foundational knowledge and hands-on experience using inter-system communication protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI and Ethernet
- Experience with computing architectures such as FPGAs, GPUs, MCUs, SoCs and their associated hardware computing platforms
- The ability to coach and mentor other engineers
- Customer focus, strong collaboration skills, and the ability to pull engineers together across teams to accomplish objectives
- The ability to collaborate with and manage vendors to ensure quality and timely delivery
- The ability to drive and manage complex projects according to program schedules within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with Polarion, JIRA, and Quality Management Systems
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.