Graduate Software Engineer - Kubeflow/MLOps (Python/Kubernetes) at Canonical (Phoenix, AZ)
This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer early in their career, passionate about open source software, Linux, Kubernetes, and MLOps. Build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, the growing international software company behind Ubuntu.
In this role, you'll be building Charmed Kubeflow - an MLOps product suite composed of open source Python operators orchestrated by Juju. Your work will bring Kubeflow to a wide range of users and compute platforms - from embedded devices to public cloud environments and GPU-accelerated bare-metal.
This is an entry level position for engineers interested in working with Python, Kubernetes and Machine Learning workloads in production. You will be writing Charmed Operators: software packages that automate the provisioning of infrastructure, along with the deployment and configuration of software, and onward operation of that software from Day 0 through Day 2 and beyond. You'll help develop, test and publish software that brings best-in-class MLOps tooling to a wide variety of public and private backing clouds.
You will gain experience with numerous AI/ML technologies and real world use cases, providing tight integrations with the broader Canonical Data Platform. Canonical is a technology agnostic cloud leader, incorporating solutions to provide the best machine learning experience available to the widest possible audience. You’ll be working with upstream projects to select and deliver the right combination of open source software, providing a seamless experience from initial deployment to day-2 operations.What you’ll do
- Collaborate proactively with a globally distributed team
- Write, test and document high quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and interact with a vibrant community
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields
- Attend Industry conferences like Kubecon representing Kubeflow
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have previous experience with Python and want to work in this language.
- You want to learn more about Kubernetes and Container technologies.
- You have an interest in AI/ML and it's application to data analytics