Global Solution Architect at General Motors
Who We Are
The Global Expansion team in CCMS (Connected Customer Mobility Solutions) needs a Domain Architect to support the Global Service Portal (GSP). We focus our efforts on several major initiatives, including expansion into South America, the Middle East, and growing business in China. In addition, our Solutions Architecture team focuses on developing and delivering solutions utilizing a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms.
GSP supports the GM OnStar system which enables a driver of a vehicle to request and receive a wide variety of vehicle-related services by contacting an advisor via a unit installed in the vehicle, or via telephone. In this role, you will assist the Lead Solution Architect and GSP Development Lead with the responsibilities listed below.
What You Do
- Analyze and resolve issues or failure modes within design documents in a large-scale distributed system both in cloud and non-cloud, as well as hybrid environments.
- Collaborate with Lead Solution Architect in evaluation, selection and integration GSP to other technical components in support of defined functional and non-functional requirements.
- Assist in crafting major aspects of the GSP application architecture and interfaces to other components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure.
- Ensure system integrity and a stable system with proper controls and systems including up to date document applications architecture and development specialist
- Build/develop application architecture documents, system design documents, sequence diagrams, data flow diagrams, document failure modes, etc.
- Assist to work with Technical Product Owners, Solution Architects, and Application Architects and Software engineering teams to elaborate product requirements into technical requirements which are used to develop stories.
- Assist to build/update API specs based on design changes
- Perform feature and technology component level gap analysis between environments.
- Assist to evaluate business requirements/features, scalability, performance standards, and ongoing support and maintenance criteria of the project(s)
- Develop detail system level design documents to guide GSP development team in the development life cycle.
- Work to prove out new technologies through proof of concept work
What You Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years proven industry experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, etc.
- Knowledge of one or more software development languages, Application Programming Interfaces (API), and Web Services
- Experience using REST and Microservices, and containers (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker and Kubernetes)
- Application development experience using Kafka pub/sub and event streaming capabilities
- Knowledge in REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, and other mobile related standards
- Experience and deep understanding of Spring, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Spring Data with hands on exposure
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Solid understanding in the use of any architecture support tools (such as Sparx Enterprise Architect) and MS Office tools used in the practice of architecture such as Visio, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- A willingness to be flexible to daily challenges and shifting priorities
- Successful candidate should demonstrate strong written/verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and sociability skills
What Would Be Even Better
- SAFe Architecture training and certification
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values; • Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.