Generalist Programmer at People Can Fly (Remote)
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!Job Description
As a Generalist Programmer, you will be a highly valued member of an Engine and Game Development team. You should have strong C++ skills, Unreal Engine experience, be comfortable with Perforce, and have a passion for problem solving. You are a generalist knowledgeable in areas such as Gameplay and Engine.
- Integrating new releases of third party software with our current development branch.
- Creating, changing, adapting or refactoring systems as required in cooperation with other Engineers.
- Working proactively to reduce the need for engine changes.
- Profiling and optimizing within these areas: game performance, streaming and/or memory.
- Enabling and maintaining project target platforms (e.g. consoles, windows)
- Enabling PCF framework systems on the project side
- Strong C++ knowledge and math skills
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years of game industry experience
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Demonstrated interest in games
- High work ethic
- Passion for games
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Unreal Engine 5 knowledge
- Shipped title experience
- Experience working with multithreaded systems
- Performance and memory optimization skills
- Console experience
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.