Work From Anywhere in the U.S., Chicagoland Preferable - Remote #LI-Remote
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest game design standards and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, BioShock, Call of Duty, Star Wars, and many others. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We're looking for a Game Build Engineer to join our team, reporting to our Manager of Core Technologies, as we grow a new genre in the video game industry.
- Building and maintaining pipelines, build systems, processes, and tools for all of our game projects.
- Investigating, integrating, and maintaining third-party SDKs.
- Building automated testing and deployment processes.
- Working closely with the Engineering team to support and improve project iteration time and efficiency through better tooling and automation.
- Working with other Engineers, Designers, Artists, Production, and others to optimize our development processes.
- Providing clear technical and software design documents.
- Possessing excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Professional experience in Unity3D or Unreal Engine and fluency in C#/C++ required.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working in a game development studio or professional software development environment required.
- Professional experience working as a Game Build Engineer.
- Professional experience with source control systems such as Perforce, Subversion, or Git (Perforce highly preferred).
- Professional experience with continuous integration (TeamCity or Jenkins).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Passion for core technologies, tools, automation, and improving the development process.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Experience in cloud platforms, like AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with React, Svelte, Kotlin, or Python.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS, JSX, REST, and web technologies.
- The salary range for this position is $100,000 to $125,000 annually, based on experience and qualifications of the individual.
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans, one with 100% company-paid premiums at all levels.
- 401(k) with a generous company-paid match program.
- Family-friendly benefits; 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays, dental, vision, optional pet insurance, and more!
- In-person and remote-friendly events, i.e., board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, DEI events, game jams, and virtual happy hours.
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter on why you’d be an excellent fit for this important role.
Equal Opportunity Statement (EEO)
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences, and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender identity or expression, medical condition, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Our commitment to inclusion across identity and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions for this or any role we have posted, please do not contact us.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job now or in the future.
Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube
Please be aware of scammers impersonating Level Ex recruiters. All email correspondence regarding jobs with Level Ex will come from a level-ex.com email address. If being contacted by someone with a levelex.works or levelex.careers email address is fraudulent - please do not respond.