Full Stack Software Engineer at Storyblocks (Remote)
Who You Are:
We are looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our engineering group and help our customers tell their best digital stories. Our ideal teammate is highly collaborative, humble, and curious about customer problems. We value our team's diverse backgrounds, and are always looking for candidates with unique experiences and skill sets. Storyblocks is technology-agnostic, so we care less about what programming languages you know and more about your ability to solve problems.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Full-stack experience: You have experience writing well-designed, well-tested, and easy to read code. Full-stack knowledge is a plus, but isn't required.
- Curiosity: You are interested in solving hard problems, and enjoy exploring new technologies and ideas. You enjoy diving into unknown territory with the help of your team.
- Ownership mentality: You believe in "leaving it better than you found it", whether that means refactoring some code, adding a unit test, or following up on a customer issue.
- Growth mindset: You are eager to find ways to improve yourself and your team. You are open to feedback from your teammates and actively participate in code reviews.
- Team player: You work best as part of a team (no matter where they're located). You are humble, supportive, and empathetic. You foster an inclusive environment for your team and are always open to new ideas.
What You’ll Do:
On the Top of Funnel Team, you will be helping to update our site to improve discovery and acquisition. You’ll work across the tech stack to support SEO from both the front-end and our back-end architecture. You will be focused on the core customer facing code base that drives our business.
Nice To Haves:
- Experience with React (2+ years)
- Experience with the Redux state management framework
- Experience with HTML and CSS (2+ years)
What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive and fair compensation: We believe in fair pay--equal pay for equal work. For each title, we have consistently applied competitive salary bands based on market data and benchmarks. What you’ve been paid before, fear of conflict, or willingness to negotiate does not play a part.
- 401(k) retirement plan: We offer both a Traditional and Roth 401(k) with a company match.
- Company-paid medical: Our medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- Paid parental leave: Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. We have a dedicated private nursing room available to new mothers.
- Unlimited vacation: At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don’t worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically employees take about three or four weeks each year.
- Flexible work-from-home options: Much of our workflow is online, and for meetings, we have dedicated video-conferencing setups. As long as you deliver results, you are welcome to get your work done outside of the office or during unusual times when desired.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth: We have a formal mentorship program that involves regular career and growth conversations. “360-degree” feedback is collected twice a year and synthesized into actionable, peer-reviewed, performance reviews. We happily foot the bill for conferences and online courses that will add value to the organization. We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well.
- Casual Work Environment: Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).
- Fully stocked kitchen: Everyone gets input on the food and drinks we stock in our shared refrigerators and snack room. We have multiple mechanisms for making coffee and cold-brew kegs are often on tap.
- Dogs in the office: We love dogs and we will probably love your dog too. With help from a calendar, we allow employees to bring in their dogs to help guide us through the day.
Who We Are:
Storyblocks is a different kind of content company delivering a fresh approach to meet the creative needs of a new generation of storytellers. Built on the belief that all stories deserve a chance to be told, Storyblocks provides video, audio, images and easy to use creative tools through its unique subscription model. By offering unlimited downloads and continually adding fresh content, Storyblocks challenges the paradigm that your ambitious vision requires deep pockets. We are committed to empowering storytellers by removing creative barriers and democratizing video creation.
Driven by a set of five company core values, our culture is shaped by a love for data, fearless communication, community, zero egos, and everyone emptying the dishwasher (both literally and figuratively). Also, loving dogs. That's pretty important too.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Storyblocks has been recognized as one of Washington D.C.'s Top Workplaces by The Washington Post, among the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal, and by the Washingtonian as one of DC’s 50 Great Places to Work.
Storyblocks does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.