Here at Travelers Haven, we empower people to feel at home anywhere their lives take them. We are a full-service housing firm that helps individuals, businesses and organizations with traveling professionals find housing that works for them. We combine industry-leading software and inspired minds to connect thousands of traveling professionals to find housing that meets all their individual needs.
Together We Thrive. We hire talented people that thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, where every day brings a new challenge. Imagine a place without red tape, decisions are made, and your voice is heard. You are quickly able to see your hard work take root and impact is made. You are passionate, ambitious, and determined for success. If you've been searching for an opportunity to help shape the future of corporate housing, we want to talk to you! Come thrive with us.
Hiring rate/range: $115,000-140,000 annually
Actual compensation offered to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio will be finalized at offer.
Vaccine Requirement: Travelers Haven is considered a “Contractor” under the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force’s COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors. As such, all employees are required by Federal mandate to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Exemptions from this requirement may be available for those with a disability (including medical conditions) or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Work Location: We are open to hiring fully remote employees out of any of the following states: CO, CA, FL, ID, IL, MI, MN, NC, TX, UT, RI, TN, SC
A Software Engineer at Travelers Haven works on the development team to build new features and maintain the Travelers Haven product. This role involves delivering high value cards and participating in design and ideation for new work. The ideal candidate loves development, is capable in our tech stack (particularly Ruby on Rails, Reactjs, Postgresql), and has a habit of constant learning.
The candidate is highly collaborative in a team setting, whether diving into technical work or pairing with other team members regularly:
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments. Test results, deployments, and production monitoring results are posted to our chat channels.
- We combine Kanban with biweekly retrospectives and regular refinement sessions.
- We play to each team member’s strengths while encouraging professional development in weaker areas. You’ll use the skills you’re best at the most but be expected to jump in anywhere as needed.
- We currently use Macs for development, but if you prefer Windows or Linux that’s good too.
- We offer flexible, remote-friendly working arrangements and are a highly collaborative team. The right candidate wants to be a go-to resource for their areas of highest knowledge, share what they know, and learn from teammates.
- Work with product to transform user stories (cards) into working product.
- Collaborate with other engineers to create features and pay down technical debt.
- Write clean code.
- Write tests that prove your code works.
- Proactively identify process and product improvements, collaborate with team on implementation.
- Must be able to use a computer, keyboard, and mouse for up to 8 hours per day*
- Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for up to 8 hours per day*
- Must be able to communicate via email and phone for up to 8 hours per day*
*Essential functions may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong development skills.
- In-depth understanding of and practical experience with testing strategies.
- Strong computer science problem-solving ability. You must know how to write your own algorithms and go beyond the framework-built ins.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Education & Experience
- 3+ years of web development
- 2+ years production experience with our tech stack.
- A passion for giving users a polished, highly usable experience.
- Experience with high volume, publicly facing production site.
- Ruby on Rails
- Heroku and AWS
- RESTful APIs
- RSpec and TDD
- HTML/CSS/JS (AngularJS, ReactJS)
- No direct reports, but leadership in areas of expertise is expected.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. Here’s what we offer:
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Wellness Days
- Medical, dental, vision & supplemental insurance
- 401k plan + Employer Match
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Deeply discounted hotel rates
- Regular team-building events and outings
- On-site gym on site
- Flavored sparkling water on tap, coffee, and snacks provided in the office
- Arcade games, golf simulator, and more
- Collaborative workspaces with adjustable sit-stand desks
- Breathtaking views of the Rocky Mountains and Downtown Denver
- Company Paid Parking on site