Full Stack Software Engineer - Navigator at Addepar
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
Addepar is building a single platform unifying hundreds of portfolio and market data systems and leveraging that platform to create robust, powerful financial applications.
The technical effort involved is massive. Our data ingestion platform processes tens of millions of transactions across millions of accounts every day and our pricing and reference data systems provide analytics coverage for nearly two trillion dollars in assets. We build and run our own distributed financial computation framework that allows clients to run complex analysis of massive data sets in real time. We design robust APIs and powerful, versatile user interfaces to empower wealth managers to ask nuanced questions about their clients' holdings.
Inside the Addepar team, this position is specifically for the Navigator product. Addepar acquired Navigator in January 2021 - Blog post here. Navigator is a startup inside a well established startup. We have an expansive set of features to develop as we gain traction.
Why we need you:
As our customer base increases, we are continually learning more about the needs and problems they face. We’re looking for full stack software engineers to join the team in order to help build new product features to meet the needs of our customers. We promote a culture that emphasizes team collaboration and transparency.
Typical day-to-day responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain high quality features for Addepar Navigator application
- Be a part of a Agile/SCRUM team that delivers features consistently
- Work in close collaboration with our Product Manager and Designer
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Strong understanding of server-side web frameworks (Python/Django preferred)
- Knowledge of SQL
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in startups
- Familiarity with Python/Django
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with React
- Experience working with Agile/SCRUM teams
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Free lunches and all the snacks (healthy snacks that is) your heart desires
- Public Transportation or Parking Passes
- Health and Wellness Benefits
- Monthly Team Outings
- Weekly Happy Hour
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.