“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
What does the team do
We are the OSP Inbound and Freezer department. We build the software powering our next-generation fulfilment centres, which are core to the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP).
Our wide range of custom software solutions enables the work of thousands of people across our state-of-the-art robotic fulfilment centres 24/7 around the world. Our software supports critical business processes such as receiving stock from suppliers, decanting and storing inventory, and picking orders. Efficiency and accuracy are at the centre of everything we do.
What would I be doing?
You will be part of a fully remote team of 5-8 engineers, a Team Lead and a Product Manager, who might be in different countries. You will contribute to the delivery of features from conception to production.
As you grow in your role, you will:
- Play a key part in the technical design of solutions to interesting problems.
- Work with the team on continuous improvement of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Develop new systems and capabilities as well as make changes to existing systems owned by other teams.
- Participate in out of hours support rota.
- Promote good engineering practices, bug prevention strategies, testability and other advanced quality concepts.
- Contribute to the open, supportive, and dynamic culture of the team
What we are looking for
- You’re able to work with limited information, ambiguity, and uncertainty, knowing the right questions to ask.
- You have a proven commercial Software Development Background with a focus on successfully delivering great products.
- You have proven Java Skills (ideally Java 11+).
- You have experience with front-end technologies or are keen to learn.
- You understand the value of continuous integration, continuous delivery and strive for a high level of automation.
- You make a positive impact on the open, supportive, and creative culture of the team.
- You are self-organised and motivated to work effectively in a fully remote setup.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
This would make you stand out from the crowd
- Experience designing and implementing modular, scalable architecture.
- Experience working with React, TypeScript, Spring Framework, AWS, Docker.
- Experience in a Full Remote working environment.
Remote work setup
- Based in any country where Ocado Technology has an office (UK, Spain, Poland, Bulgaria)
- No expectation to be in office everyday.
- 3-4 times a year in-person meeting with the whole team may be required (it can be in a different country)
About Ocado Technology Spain
At Ocado Technology, we’re an ambitious global company completely transforming the way the world shops with our cutting-edge AI, ML and robotic technology. With our retail partners spanning the globe, there’s a huge amount of growth and opportunity.
The e-commerce stream plays a key role in offering frictionless, convenient, and hyper-personalised shopping experiences for millions of global users across multiple platforms, in different regions, languages, currencies, and more.
Based in our Barcelona office in the heart of the [email protected] hub, this amazing community of 27+ nationalities offers an unparalleled culture focused on growth and learning.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What we offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- 30 days ‘working from anywhere’ policy
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Share-saving scheme
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- English, Spanish and Catalan language courses
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Join our talent community!
Our Talent Community is a great way to stay up-to-date with our latest career opportunities, as well as news and relevant careers insights. Register today, and be the first to be notified when a role we think you’d be perfect for becomes available.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements. Please assume you have been unsuccessful if you haven’t heard from us within 4 weeks.