We are searching for a Full-Stack software engineer to join the Compass team in the US.
We're building a new product, Compass, that will be the mission control for engineering teams. This is a really exciting opportunity to have a huge impact on one of the big bets coming out of Atlassian's Point A program (New Product Framework). This team is working on key parts of culture and insight within Compass.
Where you'll make an impact
As part of the Compass Culture team, you will will be responsible for leading and working on greenfield development efforts to enable customers to visualize and improve their engineering processes. The team is working on new features to score and suggest improvements to software components. You will build features to introspect components in new ways and generate insights for our customers.
You will be working closely with a team that's distributed throughout the US (PDT, MDT, CDT) and collaborates frequently with partner teams based in Sydney.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years of experience designing and building a production-level web application
- Experience with modern web application frameworks, such as Spring boot
- Understanding of micro-services oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
- Understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development
- Experience with common data storage technologies, e.g. RDBMS, NoSQL or Graph DB
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, LaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, Azure)
- A strong team player mindset. Experience in mentoring developers (via tech design reviews & sparring, code reviews etc) and ability to effectively collaborate on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian
- Demonstrated excellence at solving problems iteratively and delivering software that can be responsive to customer feedback
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with large scale single-page web applications
- Experience driving and delivering features/software modules from technical design to launch
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, Scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience with some parts of our stack: Kotlin, Spring boot, GraphQL, Typescript and React
- Experience with large scale web applications
- Experience with data heavy applications
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .