At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Large Firm to Work For” by Consulting Magazine
Kin + Carta is seeking a Full Stack Java Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering Practice.
- Consulting with Fortune 500 clients in order to build enterprise-grade cloud-native applications
- Develop and maintain full-stack solutions; front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database, and DevOps development to fit business needs
- Supporting team members in order to deliver products to market in an efficient manner
- Partnering with top-notch designers to create award-winning user experiences
- Bridging the gap between elegant front-end design and existing enterprise backend architectures
- Mentoring less experienced engineers to foster their career path and growth
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience working with or working knowledge of JDK 11+
- 1+ years of experience working with or working knowledge OOD and OOP
- 1+ years of experience working with or working knowledge of web services
- 1+ years of hands-on experience developing Java applications, APIs, and front-end/web
- Exposure to modern software practices such as TDD, CI/CD, etc.
- BS in Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong level knowledge of Java and Java web applications
- Strong understanding of modern Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Services, etc)
- Previous experience delivering products in an Agile environment
- Experience developing enterprise applications that support high traffic volumes
- Working experience with microservice architectures
- Working experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Working experience with modern web application frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, etc)
- Certifications in Google (Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Developer) or Pivotal (Pivotal Certified Developer Java, Spring Professional) are preferred.
- Previous exposure to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Previous consulting experience is a plus
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.