Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage - the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease - no matter where they are in the world. What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 2,400 global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 500 global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 12 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.Job Description
We, at Flywire, are looking for a Full Stack Engineer responsible for building applications, including anything from complex groups of back-end micro services to command line utilities and data processing scripts while also developing front-end screens to control and monitor these processes. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
If you care deeply about quality, always strive for simplicity, love to collaborate and are motivated by making the impossible possible, Flywire might be the perfect place for you!
- Planning, designing and implementation of different software features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle, frontend and backend
- Ensure the experience in building great performing, highly scalable solutions
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Keep a fluid communication with the Product Owner
- Be a mentor for other developers
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of experience in backend development with a passion for excellence
- 4+ years of experience in frontend development - preferably known framework such as React or Angular
- Experience in designing, developing and supporting scalable, performant and reliable web applications and distributed systems
- Excellent understanding of database environments. Familiar with MySQL
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ruby on Rails experience (Don’t worry if you don’t know Ruby, we’ll bring you up to speed)- A plus
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery - A plus
- Familiar with Docker environment - A plus
- Experience in working in an Agile environment - A plus
- Working with events management platform - preferably RabbitMQ - A plus
Technologies We Use:
- Ruby on Rails
- System management: Linux, mySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Docker, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, etc
- Cloud platform: AWS
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Flying Start - Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates Be a meaningful part in our success - every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in
- WFH Stipend & Digital Disconnect Days
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
- Submit today and get started!
Our Hiring Process:
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect 4-5 rounds of interviews with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a homework assignment (don’t worry - this is the fun part!) your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 12 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.