Full Stack Engineer (Remote) at Cisco Meraki
At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full-stack teams build and maintain our cloud applications, which manage millions of networks, cameras, and sensors all over the world. Our customers use the Meraki web dashboard, mobile app, and programmable APIs to monitor, configure, and automate critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
The Meraki Network Service team is transforming the way networking and security is delivered with Meraki’s legendary simplicity and cloud-first approach. Our teams are small and fast-paced, striving always to make our products unique by balancing feature-rich abilities and simplicity. Our full-stack engineers are well versed in a wide array of technologies and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack!What you will do:
- Build intuitive and powerful workflows to tackle important problems for IT professionals around the world, by collaborating with engineers, product managers and UX designers.
- Solve challenging scaling problems to meet a growing user base and ensure the best experience and uptime.
- Develop tools for customers to configure and monitor networking devices all over the world.
- Boldly move the networking and security industry forward along a path of simplification, performance, and flexibility.
- Help other specialists make architectural design decisions while evangelizing engineering best practices.
- Be a unifying force connecting people and motivating others to do their best.
- Have 3+ years of experience writing professional production code and tests.
- 2+ years of experience in building rich web UIs with React (and Redux).
- 2+ years of experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails or Go.
- Take complete ownership from proof and concept to production release by leveraging your ability to develop code, influence, facilitate, and work collaboratively across teams.
- Would thrive in a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Are passionate about what you do and ignite people around you.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, and Postgres.
- Experience or willingness to work on proof-of-concept spikes as well as in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Have working knowledge of network protocols used on both local and wide-area networks.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.