WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Internal Tools team is one of the most exciting and unique teams at Braze because your coworkers and teammates are the customer. The Internal Tools team owns a broad swath of critical functionality for the functioning of our growing business, from the framework that other teams build tools on top of (40 tools and counting) to owning critical tools, like our incident response tooling. Our team has and will continue to make changes that save our coworkers thousands of hours of collective time, improving the efficiency and productivity of the entire company. We love getting enthusiastic, thankful feedback from our teammates and are always looking for the next project to garner more!
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to help us tackle significant engineering challenges, such as: building an Internal Tools framework that lets Internal Tools creators go from idea to production quickly, take existing Internal Tools from a world with hundreds of US based users managing customers on a few clusters to thousands of users, Internationally located managing customers on hundreds of clusters. We are looking for engineers who can be pragmatic when solving immediate problems and can be visionaries when working with designers and product managers in envisioning what Internal Tools should look like 2 years from now.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years of full stack development experience
- Understanding of design, data structures and algorithms
- A self starter with great communication and organizational skills and will have worked in a team environment before
- Professional experience building software at scale
- Professional experience with one or more of: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, React, Go, SQL and NoSQL databases, microservice architecture, distributed systems, API design/monitoring/best practices, experience building no code/low code frontend frameworks
- Experience with agile processes
- Passionate about customer experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.