Full Stack Engineer - Focalboard Team (Remote) at Mattermost
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:56 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 31, 2022
Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
Mattermost is seeking an experienced full stack Software Engineer to help build, improve, and maintain our Focalboard product. Focalboard is an open source, self-hosted alternative to Trello, Notion, and Asana. It helps define, organize, track and manage work across individuals and teams.
- Participate in full lifecycle development
- Work closely with product managers and UI/UX designers to analyze requirements
- Develop technical specifications based on the product vision
- Design and implement full stack features
- Help drive the architecture of the Mattermost Focalboard Application
- Maintain and improve existing codebases
- Review peer code changes
- Liaise with colleagues regarding technical issues
- Investigate new technologies when relevant
- Enhance existing application by identifying opportunities for improvement
- Make recommendations for design and implementation improvements
- Create automated Unit an End-to-End test scenarios
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics related field
- 3+ years of full stack software engineering experience
- Comfortable with GitHub, GitLab, Jira, CircleCI
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Ability to work independently in an asynchronous team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Bangladesh - Brazil - Canada - Chile - Colombia - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Norway - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - South Africa - Spain - South Korea - Turkey - Uganda - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
More Information on Mattermost
Mattermost operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Palo Alto, CA. Mattermost was founded in 2011. It has 165 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Remote Work Program, Paid Holidays and Paid Sick Days. To see all 44 open jobs at Mattermost, click here.
Read Full Job Description