Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values (the guiding principles that reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right): In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a member of the Experiences engineering team, you will get to help us build world-class customer experiences. You will collaborate with domain experts to design, build, test, and own systems and processes for servicing 401(k) plans and making our customers happy. As reliability is key to earning our customers’ trust, you will build robust systems that are observable, maintainable, and scalable.
What you get to do every day
- Build and maintain business-critical software to process and record customers' retirement savings
- Improve complex processes and systems to make them more robust and require less human intervention
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to share knowledge and build expertise
- Develop ownership over domains in our system and make informed engineering tradeoffs
- Advocate for and delight internal and external users
- Build integrations with payroll providers and other external systems
- Lead and participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What you bring to the role
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining software in production
- Desire to work with the following technologies: Node, TypeScript, React, AWS and PostgreSQL
- Top notch communication skills. You can communicate well with engineers and non-engineers alike
- Strong desire to learn new skills and grow
- Enjoy mentoring other engineers and deeply review their code
- Proactive and empathetic mindset - you love to roll up your sleeves to fix problems for our customers
- Past experience working in startups and/or fintech
Nice to have
- Experience using and developing component libraries/design systems
- Familiarity with React Hooks
- Prior knowledge of GraphQL
- System design & architecture experience
- 401k or finance tech background
- Self-driven and willing to learn
- Proficiency with Git as a version control system
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Compensation - The salary range for this role is between $108,000 - $150,000. This information reflects a base salary range for this position based on current market data, and may vary by location. Exact compensation will be determined by the candidates' skills, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Employees also receive 100% paid employee health, vision, and dental premiums; dependent premiums are covered at 50%.
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies.
- Monthly work from home stipend; annual wellness stipend.
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech.
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company-wide offsites.
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a Top Company by Y Combinator, we’ve raised $337M and are backed by leading investors, including TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures