At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Grow your career by becoming a member of Verisk’s Analytics team. We are seeking an experienced, motivated Full Stack Developer to participate in solution development within a team solving a variety of analytical problems and building machine learning and AI applications for the Insurance industry. You will be responsible for work in all stages of solution development, from understanding requirements, prototyping solutions, wrangling data, designing and developing solution pipelines and presenting solutions to internal and external customers. We are looking for a candidate who can quickly pick up new technologies, respond quickly to change and adapt to changing requirements.
- Design and development of cloud-hosted web applications for insurance industry from high-level architecture and network infrastructure to low-level creation of site layout, user experience, database schema, data structure, work-flow, graphics, unit testing, end to end integration testing, etc.
- Working closely with data scientists to define problems, explore data, rapidly explore new solution ideas using Python, Java or other analytics languages.
- Support analysis of large datasets by building data processing and transformation pipelines on AWS.
- Working from static application mockups and wireframes, developing front-end user interfaces and page templates in HTML 5, CSS, SAAS, LESS TypeScript, bootstrap, Angular and third-party controls like Kendo UI/Infragistics.
- Design and develop functional and responsive web applications by collaborating with other engineers in the Agile team.
- Develop REST API and WCF Services.
- B.S. in Math, EE, CS or Software Engineering; M.S preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in development of commercial-grade software solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in Python programming (Java would be a plus).
- 2+ years of working with Microsoft technology stack, C#, Web API, WCF, SQL Server.
- 2+ years of experience in AWS Cloud technologies.
- Strong understanding of Agile process and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated interest in latest technologies and trends.
- Experience in data analysis (Text, Natural Language Processing, Text Extraction) would be advantageous.
- Expertise in data science toolkits like scikit-learn, pandas, NumPy, Regex and NLTK.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and AI libraries and Property and Casualty Insurance would be a huge plus.
- Strong knowledge of Python, SQL and database programming with any RDMS system, including PostgreSQL.
- Strong knowledge of NoSQL databases – MongoDB/DynamoDB and other AWS Cloud technologies.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with project stakeholders outside of the team, especially with other development teams, SMEs, etc. on feature requirements and project schedules.
- Ability to provide effective technical leadership and oversight to development team on a project, ensuring that software is developed in adherence to established architecture, design, quality standards, as well as delivery schedule.
- Excellent listening skills, Good written and verbal communication skills, enthusiasm, energy, and creativity.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.