At Emtrain, we’re on a mission to make healthy, respectful workplaces the norm. Over the past 10 years we’ve worked with culture-forward companies like Genentech, BuzzFeed, Chevron, Degreed and Medallia. Building from our base, we’re now launching a next-generation technology solution for companies who realize that culture is their growth engine, and the heart of their value proposition and brand. We are woman-founded and women-led, with offices in San Francisco and Sacramento. As our company grows, so does our need to add sharp, ambitious, and talented people to our team.
As a Full Stack Developer you will play an important role helping to build out our award winning platform. We’re keenly interested in engineers that have as much passion for great user experiences as they do for scalable back-end services. Working hand in hand with Product Management and QA Engineering, you will collaboratively define and implement key features, help improve Agile development processes and contribute to the overall knowledge and skills of the team. If you are obsessed with high quality platforms that drive positive change for our customers and their employees, we’re looking for you!
At Emtrain you will...
- Complete production ready features and user stories in a timely manner that completely meet the requirements as defined in the backlog.
- Produce high quality code that is elegant, scalable and efficient, and that utilizes industry best practice for code quality. You are an advocate for quality craftsmanship!
- Be a champion for users seeking valuable and actionable information on workplace issues through the development of intuitive interfaces and high performance features.
- Actively participate in all Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, showcases and retrospectives.
- Contribute to the team’s common knowledge and expertise by continually learning about new technologies, techniques and trends and sharing what you learned with the team.
- Maintain a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial work ethic that is required to drive business and engineering outcomes with exceptional attention to detail.
What we’d like to see….
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- A passion for great user experience with significant experience developing responsive interfaces and deep knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- Strong familiarity with databases and data related technologies including SQL, No Sql and ORM technologies.
- Strong familiarity with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban.
- Significant experience with software quality processes including unit tests, automated testing and CI/CD. Working experience with TDD is a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and goal-oriented environment.
- Results driven with a positive “can do” attitude, and able to show commitment and to inspire others.
In addition to our competitive salaries, we provide the following benefits:
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Emtrain is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Emtrain we are deliberately trying to create a safe space for people of all races, genders, ages, backgrounds, and orientations. It is the policy of Emtrain to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.