Career Fulfillment & Culture
People come to work for Deque because of what we do: enable businesses and organizations to make their sites and apps accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. The personal fulfillment employees feel here is unparalleled. In addition to the altruistic nature of our jobs, the organizational structure is extremely flat and welcoming. Women-owned and operated, Deque CEO Preety Kumar is internally revered for her down-to-earth personality and work ethic. Candidates are expected to exhibit the following core values. We take these very seriously to preserve our special culture:
- Innovation with results that matter
- Deliver what you promise
- Can-do attitude
- Open, direct & respectful communications
- We care deeply
- We practice humility
The team is fully remote and in a fast-paced, dynamic, incubator mode and the successful candidates must show the ability to thrive in such an environment.
- Be a core team player by contributing to the improvement of Deque’s product development infrastructure
- Design, develop & maintain axe related products and services such as the billing, reporting and collaboration functionality.
- Assist in the review of pull requests including security reviews
- Write new features, unit, and integration tests, data migrations and related
- Fix issues in existing code, work with support to reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Write and review technical proposals
- Create and edit sprint tickets
- Use of REST APIs
- Basic secure Web programming knowledge and experience
- Source code management, pull request reviews, and related technologies and methodologies
- Has worked on a product team
- Agile processes (scrum/kanban)
- Database generalist skills (SQL)
- Accessibility (we will teach you this)
- Web Extensions
- Enterprise SaaS product development
- RESTful API design, and implementation
- Common Web application architectures such as n-tier, micro-services
- OAuth, SAML, SCIM, Keycloak, Redhat SSO, Okta
Deque (pronounced dee-cue) is a web accessibility software and services company, and our mission is Digital Equality. We believe everyone, regardless of their ability, should have equal access to the information, services, applications, and everything else on the web.
We work with enterprise-level businesses and organizations to ensure that their sites and mobile apps are accessible. Installed in over 250,000 browsers and with over 4,000 audit projects completed, Deque is the industry standard. Join our growing family as we work to make the web a better place for everyone.
This position is remote; based anyway in the US.
How to Apply
Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter.
In your cover letter:
- Explain your interest in joining Deque and how you align with our Core Values
- Depict key attributes that differentiate you as a candidate
Deque is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Reference and background checks will be required.
Thank you for your interest in joining our exciting company!