Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
The Insights team at Addepar is building order management and execution systems to provide access to a wide range of investment products, including cash management, hedge funds and private equity, and secondary transactions in private securities and LP interests. We also work on data-driven products and analytical tools to help our clients make better investment decisions and navigate the sophisticated world of finance. This is an exciting new business for Addepar with high growth potential that is still in the early stages of development, and there is a unique opportunity for a key individual to join a new, highly visible team at the ground level.
The Insights team launched our initial product in May of 2020: Marketplace. Read more about our launch:
Our team is a vertically integrated group that includes a cross-section of product, marketing, sales, data, design, operations, and engineering - giving members a unique perspective that demonstrates how their work directly links to the broader business. In many ways, our group operates much like a startup within a growth company, providing its members with the stability and business relations of the larger Addepar organization, while allowing the group to operate in a tightly integrated and demanding context, as we continue to build out our new line of business and product offerings.
If you’re interested in what we have to offer and feel like you’re up for the challenges described above, we’re excited to meet you.
What You’ll Do
Our team operates in a fast-paced, client-centric environment, built on a collaborative product development process that involves the intersection of our sales, product, marketing, data, and engineering groups. As a software engineer in the Insights team, you will be involved with every step of this process, with the most heavyweight contribution being in the aspects of design and implementation of the technical specification and operation of the software platform that powers our Marketplace business.
Who You Are
We specifically look for driven engineers with real technical depth and a desire to understand the end business, and we want people who are passionate and care deeply about the success of their team.
Additionally, the following attributes are standout characteristics of good candidates:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience as a professional software engineer, ideally focused on backend-oriented systems
- Hands-on experience with the entire software development lifecycle, from specification to production and finally deprecation
- Familiarity with a cloud-hosted, services-based software model
- Prior experience with or knowledge of financial data systems
- Prior experience working in an agile team that utilizes lightweight project management techniques (i.e. sprints, quarterly OKRs, etc.)
- Prior experience or academic understanding of financial domain concepts, such as trade lifecycle management, regulatory compliance, and audit requirements
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced growth company, where requirements and prioritizations evolve over time based on the needs of the business
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with some guidance
- Proven ability to collaborate within a tight-knit, cross-functional team
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to partner with other engineering teams in a collaborative way
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate product requirements into well-formed, cogent technical documentation, as a means of communicating and coordinating technical decisions within the team
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward smart automation
- Ability to digest and understand complex and intersectional financial regulatory requirements, and translate these into real world code
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.