At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
We are seeking a highly qualified Software Engineer with experience in Java web and report development for a SaaS environment. You will work as part of a strong agile team focused on building a scalable, efficient and high-performance web application serving 8+ million users.
The impact you’ll have:
- You will be part of a rapidly growing education company and will impact classrooms and students by your contributions to i-Ready, our award-winning K-12 education software service
- You will design and develop new products and features for multi-tenant, SaaS products
- You will develop responsive and accessible user interfaces with modern UI frameworks and libraries like React, Redux, Typescript, CSS, Jest
- You will work closely with your agile development team members, quality engineering, product management, and user experience teams and develop high quality enterprise software
- You will develop automated unit and integration tests and review code to ensure high quality implementations
- You will develop new and innovative solutions to resolve challenging software issues
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in consuming REST and JSON-RPC APIs
- Experience working within an Agile engineering environment
- Understanding of testing frameworks like Puppeteer, Selenium, Jest etc.
- Understanding of enterprise web applications using Java, Spring, Hibernate, and other related frameworks
- Understanding of SQL and Relational and Non-Relational databases
- Problem solvers, self-sufficient individuals that can find solutions to complex problems
We’d also love to see:
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience or knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Previous experience in building a responsive web application
- Open-source projects, or presentations at meetups and conferences
- Educational domain background
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.